Acne Consultation 45 minutes / $50
Acne Consultation and Service
with Enzyme Therapy 90-120 min /$145
Body Acne Services 75 minutes / $99
In your consultation, we will:
- determine your skin type, acne type and skin tolerance
- give you recommendations for the products and services you will need to get clear
- go over aggravating factors that make you break out – foods, medications, cosmetics, stress, etc.
- give you a packet of information that has everything that we tell you in the consultation
If you decide to go on our acne-clearing program, you will be
instructed on how to use your products for the first two weeks of your
Acne is a mysterious
disorder, but one thing IS for sure – it can be controlled with the right
combination of Acne Treatments, Diet , and Skin Care Products used in the correct way. Just as in a clogged
drain, the pore must be treated with products that unclog it, keep it unclogged
and kill the acne bacteria. DMK skin care products has what you need to do just this.
DMK Skin Revision Acne Clearing 12-Week Program at Kalena Facial Studio
We will want to see you every two weeks for an acne service. It typically takes about six to eight services over a 3 to 4-month period of time to get you mostly to completely clear. Your Acne Specialist will:
Assess what type of service your skin needs when you come in. They will also
Assess how your home care regimen will be adjusted so that your skin does not over-adapt and stop responding.
As you get clear, your services will become shorter – there just won’t be as many extractions to do. After your acne is under control, you will simply need to maintain your home care products to keep clear.
DMK has a clear-skin system that will have your acne under control in about three
to four months depending on your type of acne. We combine the power of
Paramedical-grade Home Prescriptive products that are customized for your type
of acne and skin with a series of bi-monthly Professional treatments that
facilitate the clearing of your skin.
We also teach you about other aggravating
factors that make you break out – foods, medications, cosmetics, stress, and
common ingredients in skin care formulations that might be clogging your pores
(even professional and prescription products!).
Skin Revision utilizes a blend of carefully chosen and researched botanical
ingredients. DMK believes that the origin of most skin conditions is a result
of disharmony within the skin. Using the
principles of biochemistry, DMK has formulated a range of treatments and
products that encourages skin to perform like youthful, healthy skin. By matching formulation with the body’s
chemistry, the skin is encouraged to respond in a positive manner.
Skin Revision treatments work with the internal function and structure of the
skin to improve functioning, addressing the deeper concerns. Getting to the
CORE of the problem.
Acne won’t vanish overnight, so you need to keep treating your complexion with prescribed DMK skincare.
Expect to pay about $150 for your first set of acne products at
your first appointment.
We do not offer services or extractions to
clients that do not use our home care products.
Body Acne Services
Acne on the body is assessed the same way as on the face. We still
test the skin for sensitivity and tolerance to products. Often, the
back needs stronger products because the skin is thicker and less
sensitive than on the face.
*Products not included in price of service.
1. Don’t touch your face. Your hands aren’t always clean, and the bacteria on them can cause irritation and pimples.
2. Don’t pop, squeeze or pick pimples. Prevent scarring by leaving acne alone.
3. Gently wash your face twice daily with a mild cleanser. Washing too frequently and scrubbing can irritate skin and aggravate acne.
4. Use non-comedogenic (non-pore clogging) skin care and cosmetics.
5. Avoid alcohol-based products. They strip skin of its natural moisture, causing it to compensate with increased oil production.
6. Allow enough time for acne products to take effect. Be patient – this can take up to eight weeks.
7. Make sure your hair is clean. Oily hair can lead to acne around the hairline.
8. Clean your makeup brushes and sponges. Prevent bacteria and dirt buildup by washing them in lukewarm water with a gentle cleanser or shampoo.
9. Keep your smartphone clean with antibacterial wipes. Germs from your hands end up on your cheek and jawline while you chat, which could lead to pimples.
10. Remove your makeup before bed. Make proper cleaning a regular part of your bedtime routine.
11. Make sure your pillowcase is clean. Regular washing prevents bacteria from spreading.
12. Take note of what triggers your acne. Triggers can include certain foods, facial products, stress, etc. Keep a symptom diary to help you make links over time.
13. See a skin professional early for acne treatment.
Acne Can Be Cured
by Danne Montague-King
Acne, from the Greek word “akne” (meaning point), also known as acne vulagaris if full-blown over the face, back and chest, is physically a disease where hair follicles are clogged with dead skin cells and oil from the epidermis.
This could be easily addressed by exfoliates and desincrustation formulas if the underlying genesis was not such an aggressive emotional roller coaster
It all starts with the hypothalamus gland—currently replacing the pituitary gland as our master gland.
Think of the hypothalamus as a radio antenna receiving all signals of stress. Stress of puberty segueing into adulthood, stress of dysfunctional relationships (onset adult acne), job-related or peer group-related stress and, the worst stress of all, subliminal stress that cannot be identified.
The hypothalamus picks up the phone and relays the stress message to the adrenal glands who become very excited and phones the testosterone hormone. He calls up the sebaceous gland in the skin and commands “pump more oil” as a defense mechanism at which point we would have excessively oily skin.
However, there is always cuticle build-up to contend with. Dead cells stop voluntarily exfoliating and layer, many filling up the shunts of the hair follicle, impacting with sebum. Underneath, the epidermis tries to isolate this foreign impaction, creating a small granuloma or cyst-like pustule which may or may not spike into actual pus.
At some point, unable to help themselves, the person scratches or squeezes these bumps and P.acne's bacteria enters the picture, exacerbating the condition, spreading infection everywhere..
Several steps can be taken to stop all this ravage:
1. Relieve the skin of its cuticle burden.
2. Using special saponification formulas, remove the pre-deposited fats from the follicle.
4. Destroy all P.acne's bacteria keeping a friendly acid mantle intact.
5. Restore homeostasis to all inter-cellular fluids, thus minimizing inflammation.
Psychologically, the stress levels will slow down as the patient sees something positive happening to their skin. Many times, their depression is very deep after having tried so many things before with little results. Now we have an internal as well as external treatment that ensures a positive result for a lifetime.
Skin health internally and topically is better able to fight back bacterial, parasitic or even viral attacks. No one need suffer the scourge of acne and its possible difficult-to-remove cuneiform scars.
DMK founder – Danné Montague-King
A pioneer in his industry. Danné has seen the depths of depression associated with poorly functioning skin. In fact his everlasting passion was born from his dissatisfaction with his own acne as a teen. Many times he has shared the story of how his parents would take him to lavish events where he would find a dark corner to hide away in, ashamed of this blemished skin. Not understanding the condition completely, and after failed attempts from top US dermatologists to cure his acne, Danné took things into his own hands and desperate for a cure, became his own guinea pig. A string of breakthroughs, trials and tribulations, and many travels would follow, until he found his first true breakthrough in the 60’s involving vitamin C therapy.
That’s all it took to spark what would be decades of developing successful treatments and products that would combine to form the iconic brand that is DMK – sold throughout 30 countries. For 50 years Danné has lived by his motto: rebuilding skin, rebuilding lives. Dedicated to his craft, his practicing therapists, and his clients, Danné is the founder of the DMK family and is responsible for rebuilding skin, and rebuilding lives all over the world.